Saturday, May 14
The Wiener Museum of Decorative Arts is celebrating International Museum Day and the opening of the new Gasper Arts Center by hosting an Arts Discovery Day in Dania Beach. There will be FREE admission on Saturday, May 14 to the two neighboring locations on Federal Highway.
DISCOVER · INSPIRE · CREATE
Discover the Fired Arts at WMODA, a world-class museum located at 481 South Federal Highway in Dania Beach. Be inspired by the amazing works of ceramics and glass art on display at the museum. Get creative and make your own work of art at the Gasper Arts Center, located at 250 South Federal Highway in Dania Beach.
WMODA will be open FREE to the public from 10am to 4pm with art exhibitions and family-friendly activities including “play with clay” sessions, and scavenger hunts around the museum. The museum shop features unique works of art created by artists in our community.
Explore the new creative facilities at Gasper Arts from 12pm to 7pm FREE of charge. The new center has 22 newly renovated spaces for artists and creative professionals to lease. There are also 3 new ceramics kilns and 12 pottery wheels that can support professional artists and students learning at scheduled classes.
THE POWER OF MUSEUMS
The theme of 2022 International Museum Day is the Power of Museums as incomparable places of discovery. Museums open our minds to new ideas and help us understand our past. Through exciting exhibitions and event programs, WMODA creates cultural experiences and provides life-long learning opportunities to build the Dania Beach arts community. The new Gasper Arts Center expands this experience as an incubator for creativity with hand-on facilities for making ceramic art.
Meet the Artists &
Curators @ WMODA
10am to 12pm
- Find out about fused glass art with Anne Orvieto’s Gardens of Glass.
- Join Mirela Popovici in a group project to create a coral reef in clay.
- Watch Alex Meiklejohn throw miniature ceramics on the potter’s wheel.
- Ribbon Cutting at Gasper Arts
2pm to 4pm
- Mirela will continue to demonstrate different ways to work with clay.
- Enjoy scavenger hunts and other family-friendly activities around the museum.
- Shop for unique gifts made by artists in our community at the WMODA shop.