November 15, 1pm to 3:30pm
Let’s explore art and wildlife at WMODA as we revel in the beauty of nature in glass. Perhaps you will be inspired by the birds, flowers and fish on display in the museum or you might prefer to represent a
favorite animal in its habitat. Maybe bring along a photo for inspiration. Students will work on a glass plate 8” x 8” which can be fired flat or slumped. Chelsea will provide advanced instruction for fused glass techniques, firing options, and supplies, including superior Bullseye Glass in a wide range of colors, textures, and opacities.
- No previous experience is necessary to get creative.
- The cost of $100 includes expert instruction, supplies including superior glass from Bullseye Glass Co, use of tools, and firings.
- Book now as spaces in each class are limited.
- Pick up your masterpiece after firing a week later.
Glass is hot at WMODA and will be even hotter this season when we start our new series of creative glass classes with Chelsea Rousso. Her Fused Glass workshops will reflect the colors, light and sizzling sunshine of Florida and the inspirational art at WMODA through the brilliant translucency of glass.
The first of Chelsea’s workshops will be on Friday, October 18 from 1pm to 3:30pm in the Hot Glass Gallery at WMODA. Classes can be booked individually or as a series to build expertise and confidence in glass art.
Experience the joy of creating your own work of art at WMODA as Chelsea shows you her techniques for making fused and kiln formed glass art. No previous experience is necessary to get creative. Have fun exploring the materials with your fellow students in our Hot Glass gallery.
Students will learn how to make glass artwork inspired by our WMODA exhibits and your own imagination. You’ll be amazed by your hidden talents when you pick up your masterpiece after firing a week later.
Ignite your own creative spark at a 2 1/2 hour glass fusing workshop with Chelsea. The cost of $100 includes expert instruction, supplies including superior glass from Bullseye Glass Co, use of tools, and firings. Book now as spaces in each class are limited.
Creative Glass Workshop Policies
- All of our classes are subject to a minimum enrollment policy of 5 students. In the event that we do not meet our minimum enrollment for a class, we will refund your purchase.
- If you cancel more than 7 days before the class date, you will receive a full refund less $10 processing fee.
- If you cancel within 7 days of the class taking place, you will receive tuition credit for a future class less $10 processing fee.
Liability Waiver and Release
At the beginning of the class, you will be asked to complete a liability waiver form.